Debbie is a qualified advanced Massage therapist and has trained in Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue Massage and Indian Head Massage.
She has been practicing for 18 years and works with clients with a variety of needs including relief from muscular aches and pains and those who just want to relaxed and be pampered. She also offers Reflexology to help promote labour in pregnant women using specific aromatherapy oils.
Debbie’s background is with the NHS where she works in Orthopaedics as a Physiotherapy Technician and is experienced in treating people of all ages and from all walks of life.
In her spare time Debbie likes to keep fit, dance and practice Yoga.
Massage triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers. It encourages relaxation and can be stimulating. The techniques used, help release congestion and eliminate harmful toxins which in turn aids circulation. This brings rejuvenation of the cells resulting in healthy tissue. Methods used during massage can vary from long flowing rhythmic movements to powerful movements using myofascial techniques. Pressure points may be used to balance the flow of energy.
Massage can have the following key benefits:
• Stimulates the circulation helping to promote repair
• Releases muscle tension, therefore easing pain
• May help to increase the range of movement, reducing stiffness
• Promotes relaxation and a sense of well being
• Relaxes, promoting release of stress, thereby can reduce related illness
Help in the Pandemic
Massage and Reflexology can help everyone through the Covid19 pandemic whether helping with symptoms of long-Covid or if suffering the general effects of Covid19 on mental health and having to work from home. Massage and reflexology may help with shortness of breath, tight chest, fatigue, anxiety, stress, insomnia or headaches.
• Uses myofascial techniques
• Elbow work
• Uses oriental techniques
• Pressure points
• Uses smooth effleurage movements and rigorous movements
• Invigorates and revitalising
Energising and healing, using medicinal essential oils and rhythmic lymphatic drainage massage
• Harmonises physical balance through the use of essential oils
• Rejuvenating, helping to maintain clarity of mind
Revitalises and softens the scalp and small facial muscles. Rebalances and harmonises upper energy centres (chakras).
• Aids circulation to scalp and head
• Can be helpful for sinuses and headaches
Pressure is applied to reflex points on either the hands or feet. These techniques are non-invasive and improve the flow of healing energy while assisting with the release of toxins. This is a marvellous treatment for pinpointing troublesome problems. It will also relax and calm giving you the ‘feel good factor’.
• Releases emotional tension
• Alleviates physical/muscular tension
• Stimulates repair and can help with degeneration of cells
• Cleanses and detoxifies
• Aids digestion
• Boosts the immune system
(Hopi Ear Candle) This is non-invasive procedure to relieve ear, nose and throat conditions and associated problems. Both ears are always treated and treatment is followed by a face, neck and shoulder massage to complete.
• Gently removes impurities from the ear
• Relives pressure and fluid in the ears and head
• Relaxes and calms
• Reduces ear wax